Introduction to Supplier Relationship Management (2 Days)
Work collaboratively with suppliers and assist them in identifying those suppliers that are vital to the success of their organisation and how to maximise the potential value of these relationships
20 June 2022 – 21 June 2022
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
13 June 2022
Enquire for the best package that suits youR
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE
In this course, we will cover guidelines on dealing with unacceptable behaviour and demonstrating understanding through role-playing/feedback sessions based on Procurement and Supply Chain case studies, understanding the various management styles and recognising your personal style, applying the role of supervisor as a business manager dealing with the planning, organising, leading and controlling and understanding and applying performance management processes; including components of performance; the 7 levels of work and how to deal with poor performance, macro and micro-environments, managing change and the resistance to change.
WHAT DID OTHER PEOPLE SAY?
Valuable insight on how to engage in a professional and concise manner in terms of managing an effective supplier relationship
I took a lot out of the open discussions we had as a group. Opportunities to share views and understanding. I have a much better understanding of how to handle particular scenarios within our business and start implementing positive value-added supplier relationships and also educate business (internal stakeholders) on enhancing and improving SRM.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- The nature of the buyer / supplier relationship and the skills required to manage supplier relationships effectively
- Various supply models for evaluating the required relationship with a particular supplier depending on the supply relationship, your organisation's product and service offering, the level of competition and collaboration in the relationship and the impact of stakeholder requirements on the purchasing decision
- The role and importance of strategic supplier relationship management (SRM) with international suppliers
- The SRM team’s responsibilities and review a list of key responsibilities
- The cross-functional team’s involvement in SRM and identify the roles of seven different disciplines in this process
- The different management practices of implementing SRM. Which SRM practices should be avoided during the term of a contract?
- The different contract types associated with the different positions on the buyer/supplier continuum
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Contract Managers
- Junior Buyers
- Purchasing Clerks
- Procurement and Supply Chain Managers
- Senior Buyers
- anyone new to the Procurement profession
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.