Legal Aspects in Purchasing and Supply Management (2 Days)
Many legal processes apply to the procurement environment. Brush up on this crucial component in purchasing
3 October 2022 – 4 October 2022
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
26 September 2022
Enquire for the best package that suits you
When considering the legal aspects in purchasing and supply management, can you correctly interpret the intentions behind supplier contract clauses?
Do you understand the legal implications of orders, invoices and delivery notices?
What are your pre-and post-contract award obligations from a legal perspective?
Do your suppliers understand their legal rights better than you do?
The outcomes of our Legal Aspects in Purchasing and Supply Management course below are supported by case studies, group exercises and examples of South African court findings. Furthermore, you will leave the course with a typical set of terms and conditions of purchase that limit the buyer’s risk.
WHAT DID OTHER PEOPLE SAY?
The trainer was open to dialogue and made the content interesting. Well presented!
Katrin Keune - Mercedes Benz SA
The course was excellent!
Phineas Mathiba - Public Investment Corporation
Engagement of the presenter and exams provided was insightful and provided a better understanding of the learning outcome.
Lihle Cindi - University of Johannesburg
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- The South African legal framework, fundamental concepts in the law of contract, essential contractual elements and common law and statuary exclusion clauses
- Legal aspects surrounding the tendering processes
- Legal aspects of delivery, receipt, and payment
- The "battle of the forms"
- Framework agreements
- Breach of contract and its effects. Apply legal rules and remedies where there are voidable / vitiating factors
- Conditions of insolvency and rehabilitation
- Identify and evaluate litigation as a method of commercial dispute resolution, including the conditions to compel the debtor to perform in terms of the contract
- Explain the implications of disclosure from a legal perspective as it relates to the procurement process
- The shipping documents required for sale of goods in an international context
- • The general rule of rights to third parties; debtors and creditors
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Procurement and Supply Chain Managers
- Contract Managers
- Supplier Relationship Managers
- Cross-functional team members
- Senior Buyers
- Commercial Specialists
- Commodity Managers
- Category Managers
- Sourcing Managers
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.