Practical Procurement (2 Days)
Unpack the key elements for developing effective Bid Invitations as required under legislation
6 June 2022 – 7 June 2022
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
30 May 2022
Enquire for the best package that suits you
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE
Gain a broader, practical understanding of the procurement process. This practical workshop provides a knowledge base for people new to, or without a formal qualification in, Procurement. It covers the essential groundwork (processes and disciplines) for effective buying and price negotiations.
WHAT DID OTHER PEOPLE SAY?
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- Develop and understanding of the importance and context of Purchasing within your organisation
- Understand the buying process
- How to differentiate between strategic, functional, and tactical buying
- The advantages and disadvantages of centralised and decentralised buying
- Understand benchmarking in buying and the benchmarking process i.e., the nature and categories of benchmarking / implementing a benchmarking process
- Identify the characteristics of a good supplier and the key criteria for determining which supplier to choose
- Identify the key criteria for supplier evaluation i.e., quality / price, cost, and structure / delivery / time / flexibility / service / financial status
- Identify different types of contracts in buyer / supplier relationships
- Define and understand buyer ethics
- Use price analysis as a method to determining prices
- Negotiating with suppliers for better prices i.e., types and stages of negotiation
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Junior Buyers
- Purchasing Clerks
- anyone new to the Procurement profession
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.