Negotiations Skills for Procurement Professionals (2 Days)
Unpack the key elements for developing effective Bid Invitations as required under legislation
11 August 2022 – 12 August 2022
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
4 August 2022
Enquire for the best package that suits youR1000.00
In this interactive and practical workshop, delegates will learn negotiations skills for procurement and to secure better value. Through role-play and case studies, they will become familiar with the negotiations process and how to apply the fundamental principles in a non-critical procurement negotiations interaction.
WHAT DID OTHER PEOPLE SAY?
The interaction and being able to openly discuss all elements with someone who has lots of experience was great. Practical exercises were more challenging.
The instructor was very helpful and informative, explained well and made sure everyone understood.
Excellent. I have been empowered on best practices when it comes to negotiation. Have gained so much knowledge. The facilitator is knowledgeable and a real expert in the field.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- Develop and understanding of the importance and context of Purchasing within your organisation
- Understand the buying process
- How to differentiate between strategic, functional, and tactical buying
- The advantages and disadvantages of centralised and decentralised buying
- Understand benchmarking in buying and the benchmarking process i.e., the nature and categories of benchmarking / implementing a benchmarking process
- Identify the characteristics of a good supplier and the key criteria for determining which supplier to choose
- Define and understand buyer ethics
- Use price analysis as a method to determining prices
- Negotiating with suppliers for better prices i.e., types and stages of negotiation
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Junior Buyers
- Purchasing Clerks
- anyone new to the Procurement profession
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.