Strategic Sourcing and Category Management Training Course
Learn about world-class Strategic Sourcing and Category Management methods to unlock value beyond price during this practical – case study driven – 2 day training course
18 August 2022 – 19 August 2022
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
11 August 2022
Enquire for the best package that suits you
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE
Strategic Sourcing is a process that reduces cost and optimises supply performance while continuing to meet the business objectives of your organisation. Learn how to align sourcing initiatives within your organisational strategy and enable procurement to play a more strategic role. In this training course work through a step-by-step, practical approach to implementing strategic sourcing.
- How do we quickly meet our savings targets?
- How do we meet objectives of the organisation (public sector included) while reducing cost?
- Consultants are advising our company to implement Strategic Sourcing. What is this really about?
- How do we measure savings?
- Strategic Sourcing sounds complicated. How do we realise value quickly?
- How do we get the rest of the company to co-operate when it comes to reducing costs?
- We have to meet our B-BBEE targets. How do we still do strategic sourcing?
- We need to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Is there a simple way to develop a TCO model that everyone can agree on?
- How do we get people to focus on cost reduction and not just price?
- We have no time for strategic sourcing. How do we enable people to focus on what is really important?
- We battle with obtaining information. Are there easier and faster ways to get the correct info?
- How do we align sourcing initiatives within the organisation and how can procurement play a more strategic role?
Commerce Edge cordially invites you to attend this interactive Strategic Sourcing and Category Management training course. Learn more about this important subject from our industry expert whilst interacting with industry peers.
WHAT DID OTHER PEOPLE SAY?
The presenter knows the SCM Environment and has an eloquent way of presenting his material.
Daisy Nyamane - Director Supply Chain Manager Unit (National Treasury)
Molefe Fani - Chief Director (National Treasury)
Excellent training – content very relevant.
Marietjie Matthee - Procurement Manager (CSIR)
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- Achieving total cost reductions and not just price cuts
- Segment your spend into key spend groups based based on a variety of segmentation models
- Set up and appoint cross-functional teams to focus on key areas of spend
- Build a comprehensive knowledge base of the spend under review, including spend analysis, supply base analysis, total cost of ownership and supplier cost and performance drivers
- Reposition commodities based on strategic drivers
- Work through more than 50 opportunities within the commodities under review including opportunities relating to the supply base, commodity and organisational characteristics and the wider supply chain around the commodity grouping
- Develop commodity and category strategies
- Develop category business plans
- Understand the infrastructure required for sustainable and rigorous implementation of strategic sourcing and commodity management
- Join like-minded procurement professionals (including Public Sector), looking at the secrets of how to focus on where the real value in the supply chain lies.
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Procurement and Supply Chain Managers
- Commodity Managers
- Category Managers
- Supply chain Analysts
- Sourcing Managers
- Cross-functional team leaders/members
- Contract Managers
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.