WHY CHOOSE THIS QUALIFICATION?
A person acquiring this qualification will be able to manage first-line managers in an organisational entity. First-line managers may include team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads, and foremen. The focus of this qualification is to enable learners to develop competence in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values including:
- Initiating, developing, implementing, and evaluating operational strategies, projects, and action plans, and where appropriate, recommending change within teams and/or the unit so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitoring and measuring performance and applying continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit in order to attain its desired outcomes, including customer satisfaction, thereby contributing towards the achievement of the objectives and vision of the entity.
- Leading a team of first-line managers, by capitalising on the talents of team members and promoting synergistic interaction between individuals and teams, to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness in order to achieve the goals of the entity.
- Building relationships using communication processes both vertically and horizontally within the unit, with superiors, and with stakeholders across the value chain to ensure the achievement of intended outcomes.
- Applying the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management, and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks in order to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of the unit.
- Enhancing the development of teams and team members through facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalising on diversity in the unit.
WHY STUDY THIS QUALIFICATION THROUGH US?
The National Certificate: Generic Management, NQF Level 5 forms part of a learning pathway of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It is specifically designed to develop management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who manage first line managers. The qualification builds on the FETC: Generic Management and further develops the key concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to lead, manage, organise and control first line managers and team leaders. The learners will typically be managers who have other junior managers or team leaders reporting to them. In smaller organisations or entities, the managers could primarily be responsible for managing the supervisors and staff within their section, division or business unit.
WHAT MODULES DOES THIS QUALIFICATION COVER?
Professional Team Development
Professional Management & Leadership
Professional Conflict & Change Management
Professional Human Resources Management
Financial Management for Professionals
Professional Results-based Management - Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
HOW DOES COMMERCE EDGE SUPPORT YOU?
Why Commerce Edge?
Commerce Edge has full accreditation with numerous SETAs within South Africa, offering several locally accredited qualifications in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics and Operations Management. We also operate as the Supply Chain Faculty for private universities like the IMM and the Da Vinci institute, offering degrees and postgraduate degrees up to an MBL or NQF Level 9.
Commerce Edge is accredited by International Professional Bodies, offering international best practice qualifications in Supply Chain. The company is the largest Procurement and Supply Chain Qualifications Provider in South Africa.
Commerce Edge is part of the UXi education group. UXi comprises institutions like CTU, Africa Skills Village, Oxford Professional Education Group, Open Window, IMM Gaduate School and Durnacol.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT STUDY OPTIONS AVAILABLE THROUGH COMMERCE EDGE?
You can select the option that works best for you, depending on the level of support that you require.
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.