Practical Procurement Training Course
In this interactive and practical workshop, delegates will learn how to negotiate for better value.
13 February 2023 – 14 February 2023
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
6 February 2023
Enquire for the best package that suits you
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE
Gain a broader, practical understanding of the procurement process. This practical workshop provides a knowledge base for people new to, or without a formal qualification in, Procurement. It covers the essential groundwork (processes and disciplines) for effective buying and price negotiations.
WHAT DID OTHER PEOPLE SAY?
Time for each topic is clearly allocated which opens room for proper understanding.
The questions I had with Procurement were answered and I received assistance from the facilitator.
The facilitator relays the content in simple terms that can be understood by all.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- A knowledge base for people new to, or without a formal qualification in, procurement:
- The nature of the buying function
- The importance of buying for business enterprises
- Differentiation between the management of the traditional buying function and the management of an integrated approach.
- The buying cycle
- Different levels of buying, planning and objectives:
- Strategic, functional and tactical buying and planning
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of centralised and decentralised buying
- Benchmarking in buying and the benchmarking process:
- The nature and categories of benchmarking
- Implementing a benchmarking process
- Identify the characteristics of a good supplier
- Identifying the key criteria for supplier evaluation: service, flexibility, time, delivery, price, cost and structure, quality and financial status
- Appreciate methods used in supplier evaluation and recognise the need for supplier certification
- Differentiate between buyer / supplier relationships and supplier relationship management
- Identify the different types of contracts in buyer / supplier relationships
- Define and understand buyer ethics
- Determining price and using price analysis as a method to determine prices
- Types of negotiation, stages of negotiation and buying from small businesses and BEE enterprises
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Junior Buyers
- Purchasing Clerks
- anyone new to the Procurement profession
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.