Practical Procurement (2 Days)
Unpack the key elements for developing effective Bid Invitations as required under legislation
31 January 2022 – 1 February 2022
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
24 January 2022
Enquire for the best package that suits you
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE
Gain a broader, practical understanding of the procurement process. This practical workshop provides a knowledge base for people new to, or without a formal qualification in, Procurement. It covers the essential groundwork (processes and disciplines) for effective buying and price negotiations.
WHAT DID OTHER PEOPLE SAY?
Time for each topic is clearly allocated which opens room for proper understanding.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- Develop and understanding of the importance and context of Purchasing within your organisation
- Understand the buying process
- How to differentiate between strategic, functional, and tactical buying
- The advantages and disadvantages of centralised and decentralised buying
- Understand benchmarking in buying and the benchmarking process i.e., the nature and categories of benchmarking / implementing a benchmarking process
- Identify the characteristics of a good supplier and the key criteria for determining which supplier to choose
- Identify the key criteria for supplier evaluation i.e., quality / price, cost, and structure / delivery / time / flexibility / service / financial status
- Identify different types of contracts in buyer / supplier relationships
- Define and understand buyer ethics
- Use price analysis as a method to determining prices
- Negotiating with suppliers for better prices i.e., types and stages of negotiation
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Junior Buyers
- Purchasing Clerks
- anyone new to the Procurement profession
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.