Asset Management in the Public Sector (2 Days)
Tangible (physical) assets are a vital corporate resource and applying the principles of asset management will ensure this resource input is at the lowest overall cost.
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
Enquire for the best package that suits you
Understand the public sector asset management lifecycle and how effective management within each component can significantly contribute to bottom line savings and structure your asset management process. Gain a step-by-step implementation approach, assisting you to implement an asset management programme in your organisation in the context of existing technology.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- The asset management framework – the legislative base for asset management in the PFMA and MFMA
- Accounting policy – the asset register and the treatment of assets in the asset registers of provincial and national departments
- Accounting for capital assets and the inclusion of minor assets
- The principles of asset management and the asset management process
- 4-phase lifecycle
- Ownership and control
- Responsibility / accountability
- Evaluating performance
- Identification of assets
- Inventory management framework
- Asset verification / stock take
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Accounting Authorities
- Accounting Officers and Senior Managers in national, provincial, and municipal government
- Contract Managers
- Sourcing Managers
- Project Managers
- Facilities Managers
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.