POPI Act eLearning
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
Enquire for the best package that suits youR400
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE
Compliance to the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) is becoming imperative in the work environment. It has an impact on all businesses in South Africa, because even if a business does not use personal information in its day-to-day activities, the business must keep the personal information of its customers, employees, and suppliers. The PoPIA has the greatest impact on businesses that process personal information.
The purpose of this 45 minute e-learning program is to make you aware of what the PoPIA is about, why it is necessary and what its compliance entails, as well as the implications of non-compliance.
WHAT WILL THE COURSE ENABLE YOU TO DO?
- Explain the purpose of the PoPIA
- Demonstrate an understanding of the eight principles of the Act
- Explain the rights of data subjects
- Explain what special personal information is
- Apply the steps that must be taken to ensure compliance
- Identify the impact of non-compliance
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- What is personal information?
- Where does the Act apply?
- Where does the Act not apply?
- What must I do?
- My rights and those of my clients
- What is special personal information and may it be processed?
- Impact if we do not comply
- Who is the Regulator?
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- This course is for everyone in any career
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.