Supply Chain Fundamentals – Supply Chain Management Business Context (2 Days)
Define and understand the various elements that constitute a supply chain, understand two building blocks of a supply chain in greater detail viz. Supply Chain Operations and Logistics.
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
Enquire for the best package that suits you
This course aims to define two distinct areas that are overlooked within a supply chain but which are of great importance – Supply Chain Technology and Supplier Relationship Management, which includes the general procurement theme.
Understand and identify the different types of technology and where they are positioned within the Supply Chain Technology groupings.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- What logistics is and where it fits into the supply chain
- 3PL vs 4PL
- The business imperatives - including consumer demand, make vs sell and inertia vs velocity
- The dualistic process around forecasting, business alignment and measurement
- How to position a commodity and supplier
- How to define a market in terms of important criteria
- How to classify a supplier relationship and the implications of different relationship types
- The relationships and service level agreements required with suppliers and the main measurement criteria used for these agreements (what, how and why)
- A high-level understanding of how software can play a role in enabling the Supply Chain and applying the technology selection process
- Understand the impact of business processes on technology outputs (for example, incorrect master data)
- Exposure to some of the Commerce Edge case studies as practical examples
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Junior and middle management operating within the supply chain realm including: logistics, warehousing, sourcing, planning, production
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.