Developing Effective and Compliant Bid Specifications (2 Days)
Unpack the key elements for developing effective Bid Invitations as required under legislation
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
Enquire for the best package that suits you
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE
The legislative context under which Bid Invitations fall (the PFMA, MFMA, SCM Regulations, PPPFA, and the B-BBEE Empowerment Act) can be complex, misunderstood or misinterpreted. This course unpacks the key elements for the development of effective and compliant bid specifications, beginning with an understanding of the key definitions and historical background of Bid Specifications and Bid Invitations.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- The legislative context under which Bid Invitations are required and how this differs for different organisations under the PFMA and the MFMA
- The role of the Bid Invitation and the impact that bidder responses have on the contracting process
- Market/industry research and analysis in the context of Bid Invitations
- The strategic sourcing options to be considered before embarking on a Bid Invitation process
- A framework for organising and compiling bid invitations
- The establishment; structure and role of the Bid Specifications Committee (BSC)
- Important requirements of the Preferential Procurement Regulations that influence evaluations, particularly local production and content, functionality, sub-contracting, and consortiums
- The purpose of the General Conditions of Contract, the relationship with Special Conditions of Contract and which Standard Bid Documents (SBD’s) are required and when
- Improve your skills in writing effective Bid Invitations by understanding important terms to include and what to avoid., The role of the Bid Adjudication Committee in approving specifications., How to check the Bid Invitation prior to submission to the Bid Adjudication Committee (particularly compliance with PPPFA requirements)
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Accounting Authorities
- Accounting Officers and Senior Managers in national, provincial, and municipal government as well as all Schedule 3A & 3C enterprises and agencies
- Chief Procurement Officers
- Procurement and Supply Chain Managers
- Team Leaders
- Commercial Specialists
- Supplier Relationship Managers
- Contract Managers
- Sourcing Managers
- Buyers (Junior to Senior)
- Project Managers
- Commodity Managers
- Category Managers
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.