Public Sector Asset and Asset Disposal Management for SCM (2 Days)
Officials in SCM functions are seldom adequately trained in asset management and often do not understand the asset lifecycle and why assets are an important contributor to service delivery
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
Enquire for the best package that suits you
This dynamic programme in Public Sector Asset Management is specifically tailored for SCM professionals and practitioners. The workshop has been aligned with the National Treasury’s Learning Curriculum for Supply Chain Management in the Public Sector
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- The asset management framework – the legislative base for asset management in the PFMA and MFMA
- Accounting policy – the asset register and the treatment of assets in the asset registers of provincial and national departments
- Accounting for capital assets and the inclusion of minor assets
- The principles of asset management and the asset management process
- 4-phase lifecycle
- Ownership and control
- Responsibility / accountability
- Evaluating performance
- Identification of assets
- Inventory management framework
- Asset verification / stock take
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Accounting Authorities
- Accounting Officers and Senior Managers in national, provincial, and municipal government
- Facilities Managers
- Contract Managers
- Sourcing Managers
- Project Managers
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.