Public Sector Supply Chain Management (2 Days)
Implement a fair, equitable, transparent, competitive and cost effective Supply Management Chain function
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION
Enquire for the best package that suits you
Implementing a compliant and effective supply chain management system in a national, or Section 3A, 3B and 3D organization means grappling with demand management, acquisition management, logistics management, disposal management, risk management, and performance management.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
- The role South Africa's Constitution plays in public sector procurement and its relationship with the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Preferential Procurement (PPPFA) and the integration of Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE)
- The roles and responsibilities of accounting officers and accounting authorities in supply chain management (SCM) and the SCM framework in the PFMA Regulations issued by National Treasury
- The broad activities within the Bid Committees process - world-class public sector processes, considerations and factors that are included in a bid specification or terms of reference
- The PPPFA and the key formulae for scoring bids
- Demand management from the context of government's planning and budgeting processes and the roles played by inventory planning, asset management planning and procurement planning in demand management
- Disposing of items while adhering to the various regulations governing disposal in the public sector
- Strategic sourcing in the context of the public sector SCM model
- The key components of an asset management plan and procurement plan - all in the context of demand management within the public sector
- The different acquisition options, including petty cash, verbal quotations, written quotations, and bids as well as the thresholds issued by National Treasury
- Risk management methodologies that can assist in purging corruption from SCM management
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Career roles we recommend this course for:
- Procurement and Supply Chain Managers
- Chief Procurement Officers
- Supplier Relationship Managers
- Team Leaders
- Commercial Specialists
- Contract Managers
- Sourcing Managers
- Project Managers
- Commodity/Category Managers
- 3 Bid Committee Members
- Legislators and Policy Developers
YOUR COURSE FACILITATOR
ENQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION
* These fields are required.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? We have many more courses available. Enquire for our full course prospectus.