contract management Cost Control Legal Aspects Negotiation Procurement Strategy Purchasing Risk Management TCO
Tools & Tips
20 Tips for getting compliant proposals from suppliers
Proposals can contain a lot of information and are the basis on which procurement decisions are made. Therefore, you must evaluate them carefully for compliance with your requirements. So what does a compliant proposal look like?
The following checklist, from Next Level Purchasing, can simplify your proposal evaluations and ensure that a supplier is worthy of being considered.
Did the supplier:
- Submit its proposal on time?
- Confirm its ability to comply with the specification or provide an acceptable specification?
- Answer all required questions?
- Provide pricing in the proper currency and unit of measure?
- Refrain from charging “over-and-above” fees?
- Confirm its ability to provide the required quantity?
- Confirm its ability to deliver to, or perform at, the desired location(s)?
- Confirm its acceptance of the specified payment terms or propose acceptable payment terms?
- Confirm its ability to comply with the specified freight terms or propose acceptable freight terms?
- Confirm its ability to comply with the specified delivery/performance dates or lead time or propose acceptable delivery/performance dates or lead time?
- Confirm its ability to comply with the specified warranty or propose an acceptable warranty?
- Refrain from taking exception to your contract terms?
- Provide financial statements?
- Provide a cost breakdown?
- Offer value-creating or cost-saving ideas?
- Comply with proposal expiration date requirements?
- Provide the information necessary to be set up in the purchasing system?
- Provide evidence of any required certifications?
- Provide any required samples?
- Demonstrate that it has the capacity to handle the additional work if awarded your business?
Want to learn more? Attend our Supplier Relationship Management Training Course.